Email Signature Guidelines
All university faculty and staff are encouraged to follow these email signature guidelines to present clear and consistent information on official communications.
- Arial is the recommended font for digital body copy. Alternatives are Helvetica or Calibri as they are standard system fonts. Suggested font size is 10pt or 12 pt.
- Text should be either black or dark grey on a white background to maximize contrast and legibility, with limited formatting – this will optimize accessibility.
- Information on signature lines should be simple, including essential details only
- Use of logos, graphics, or vCARDS are not recommended as they increase file sizes, impacting server load, and may appear as attachments, which impacts deliverability
- Do not include tag lines or quotes as they may be perceived as university-wide statements
- Phone Number
- Hyperlinked URL
- Preferred pronouns
- Social media accounts
- Mailing address
- Please note: My work hours might not be identical to your work hours. Please do not feel compelled to reply to this email outside of your normal workday.
- **This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, release, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.